Mazda talks Electrification - Strategy
The revolutionary Skyactiv engine line-up, first introduced in 2012, already significantly improves fuel efficiency, without compromising the joy of driving. Mazda will continue to improve the efficiency in ICEs and explore new avenues, such as alternative biofuels, to further improve the carbon footprint of vehicle powertrains. Combined with an efficient and suitable electrification solution, the ICE performance can be enhanced even further. In fact, electrified ICE models will make up 75 percent of Mazda's production by 2030, while fully battery electric vehicles (BEVs) will comprise the other 25 percent.