#FestiveWithFemina: 10 Fun Toasts to Ring in the New Year
Get ready for the coming new year, armed with party humour, great outfits, and fantastic toasts like these!
2020 is about to end. And, as eventful (read: difficult) as this year has been, I am sure we are all just waiting for it to end. With the end of the year around the corner, intimate New Year’s parties are going to come piling our way, and we have to be ready with our outfits, sanitisers and our speeches. Although the pandemic still hasn’t ended, one can only proceed by partying responsibly with masks on (remember to get your matching masks to have your style game set).
Be the most charming party guest or party host by having the wittiest New Year’s toast in mind. Remember, they don’t have to be original, they just need to knock the socks off their listeners. Now, don’t forget to clink your glasses and sip your drinks when you’re done toasting, because we all have had enough bad luck this year and I am sure we wouldn’t want seven more years of it!
For a clever or lighthearted New Year’s Eve toast, select a salutation that will amuse and delight your guests. These quotes each include a joke perfect for your New Year's festivities. Pick the one that suits your style and ownit as your own, there is a guarantee of giggles all around the table!
- “Here’s health to those I love and wealth to those who love me.”
- “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow ye diet.”
- “As you slide down the banisters of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.”
- “He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; he who makes one is a fool.” — F.M. Knowles
- “Here’s to those who’ve seen us at our best and seen us at our worst and can’t tell the difference."
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolution!”
- “Here’s to pretending that anything changes when the year does!”
- “May our children have handsome fathers and rich mothers!”
- “Farewell to the year of day drinking and sitting at home!”
- “Here’s to staying positive and testing negative!”