Bengaluru Announces Lockdown From July 14 As COVID-19 Cases Rise
Bengaluru will go into a lockdown from 8 pm on July 14 to 5 am on July 23.
Bengaluru will go into a lockdown from 8 pm on July 14 to 5 am on July 23 to slow the spread of the coronavirus, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa said on Saturday.
All essential services including supply of milk, vegetables, fruits, medicines and groceries will continue uninterrupted, the chief minister said in a tweet.
"I appeal to people to cooperate with the government, follow all guidelines, take all precautionary steps and help us contain the pandemic," he tweeted.
Earlier, the sprawling city had been divided into eight zones which were being monitored by ministers.
Despite the spike in coronavirus cases, the state government had earlier said it against any re-imposition of the lockdown, beyond the Sunday lockdown, that has been announced for this month. This was reiterated by ministers just a couple of days ago.