Sensex, Nifty Give Up Most Of Day's Gains: 10 Things To Know
Here are 10 things to know about Sensex, Nifty's movement today:
- The markets, however, gave up most of those gains by late morning deals.
- At 11:46 am, the Sensex traded 64.35 points or 0.16 per cent higher at 41,084.96, while the Nifty was up 25.10 points - or 0.21 per cent - at 12,125.80.
- Twenty two shares on the Nifty 50 benchmark index traded with gains.
- Top percentage gainers on the index were Bharti Infratel, UPL, JSW Steel, ICICI Bank and Coal India, up between 1.79 per cent and 8.34 per cent each.
- On the other hand, top laggards were Zee Entertainment, Tata Motors, Vedanta, Hindustan Unilever and ONGC, trading between 0.90 per cent and 1.66 per cent lower.
- ICICI Bank, TCS and State Bank of India (SBI) were the top contributors to the gains in Sensex.
- Analysts expect some volatility ahead of the expiration of monthly derivatives contracts due at the end of Thursday's session and the release of macroeconomic data after market hours the next day.
- “Market sentiment remains positive on the global front, with the likely settlement of first phase of deal between the US and China,” said Siddhartha Khemka, Head - Retail Research, Motilal Oswal Financial Services.
- US President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed into law legislation backing pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong. China's Foreign Ministry promptly warned of unspecified "firm counter measures" in response.
- “On the domestic side, strong FII (foreign institutional investor) inflows have provided much-needed support to the market in the absence of any major triggers,” Mr Khemka added.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on.com. Catch all the Live TV action on 24x7 and India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on and for latest news and live news updates.