Petrol Price Rise In Past Six Days Highest In Two Years: Report
Here are 10 things to know about petrol, diesel prices:
- State-run oil marketing companies review the domestic fuel prices on a daily basis and any revisions are implemented at the fuel stations with effect from 6 am.
- With effect from 6 am, the price of petrol was at Rs 76.32 per litre in Kolkata, Rs 79.29 per litre in Mumbai and Rs 76.52 per litre in Chennai, according to notifications from state-run Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- The rate of diesel was at Rs 69.15 per litre in Kolkata, Rs 70.01 per litre in Mumbai and Rs 70.56 per litre in Chennai.
- As per the country's daily pricing mechanism, the pump price of petrol and diesel is dependent on the global crude prices and the rupee-US dollar exchange rate as India imports 80 per cent of its crude requirements.
- Global oil prices shot up the most since the Gulf war in the immediate aftermath of the unprecedented drone missile strikes on key oil facilities in Saudi Arabia that disabled 5 per cent of the global supply. The drone strike drove crude oil prices to their highest level in nearly four months.
- Oil prices have cooled since the spike on September 16 but remain on the edge.
- According to analysts, the style of the attacks on Saudi Aramco''s Abqaiq and Khurais oil facilities may add a permanent risk premium to oil and gasoline prices.
- Saudi Arabia has said it would restore lost production by the end of this month, and bring its capacity back to 12 million barrels per day by the end of November.
- However, experts say the shock to the global oil market will be felt for years.
- India depends on Saudi Arabia for a fifth of its oil imports and has been in constant touch with Kingdom officials on securing its supplies.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.