JioFiber To Launch Today: Here Are The Prices, Benefits And Other Details
Here are 10 things to know about Reliance's braodband service JioFiber:
- JioFiber broadband service comes with a high-definition television and set-top boxes at no charge for annual lifetime subscribers.
- "JioFiber customers who opt for our annual plans which the company calls Jio-Forever plans, will get an HD or 4K LED television and a 4K set-top-box absolutely free," Mr Ambani had said at the Reliance Industries annual general meeting in August.
- "Premium JioFiber customers will be able to watch movies in their living rooms the same day these movies are released in theatres! We call this Jio First-Day-First-Show," Mr Ambani had said.
- JioFiber plans are priced between Rs 700 to Rs 10,000 per month.
- This broadband serice comes bundled with subscriptions to most leading premium over the top (OTT) applications.
- Under JioFiber preview offer, users get ultra-high-speed internet up to 100Mbps free for a limited preview period and complimentary access to a host of Jio's premium apps, according to Jio's website- jio.com.
- Upon consumption of the monthly quota, users can recharge their Jio Fiber data plan with a booster pack that offers 40GB additional data, according to Jio.
- There are no installation charges levied but there is a refundable security deposit of Rs 2,500 taken for the JioFiber router. This amount needs to be paid through debit card, credit card, Jio Money or PayTM.
- Voice calls from the JioFiber's home to any Indian operator - mobile or fixed - will be absolutely free.
- International calls to US and Canada under the JioFiber will be priced at Rs 500 per month.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.